This The Twits - The House, the Tree and the Monkey Cage lesson plan also includes:
A house with no windows and a garden full of stinging nettles make the perfect home for Mr. and Mrs. Twit. The seventh lesson in an 11-part unit designed to accompany The Twits by Roald Dahl takes a closer look at the Twits' home described in Chapter 14 of the novel. The lesson ends with an activity that challenges learners to design a garden.
- Extend the lesson by starting a class garden or by planting seeds in the classroom
- Assumes students have read to Chapter 14 of The Twits by Roald Dahl
- Get prior approval to take scholars outside to explore an overgrown area
- Incorporates textual evidence into a visual activity to help assess reading comprehension
- Provides an opportunity for cross-curricular instruction through a discussion about what plants need to survive