This The Twits - The Furniture Goes Up lesson plan also includes:
Work gets done faster when people work as a team. The ninth installment of an 11-lesson unit designed to accompany The Twits by Roald Dahl combines character education with research skills and creative writing activities. The lesson ends by having writers create a new character to add to the scene.
- Create a graphic organizer to help guide scholars as they research a particular bird
- Use a Venn diagram to compare and contrast different types of birds
- Read through Chapter 25 of The Twits before completing the lesson
- Promotes the concept of teamwork through collaborative discussion
- Encourages learners to view an event from multiple perspectives
- Suggests additional activities to extend the learning