This The Twits - Mrs Twit Gets a Stretching lesson plan also includes:
A cork, a rubber snake, and a bucket of mud may not seem like the best materials for washing a car, but they are in The Twits. The fifth lesson in an 11-part unit designed to accompany The Twits by Roald Dahl has readers role play humorous scenarios in the book. Through the scenarios, they learn about character descriptions as well.
- Assign props in advance and ask parents to send to school
- Record the scenes to play back and discuss later
- Expects students have read The Twits up to chapter 10
- Includes a selection of other activities to bring writing and discussion into the lesson
- Encourages creative thinking skills by introducing silly scenarios
- Lacks an example of what a new trick should look like