This The Twits - Mrs Twit lesson plan also includes:
"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly." The second lesson in an 11-part unit that accompanies The Twits by Roald Dahl uses poetry to encourage positive character traits. Mrs. Twit has ugly thoughts, but those thoughts can be counteracted by good.
- At the beginning of class, leave a compliment at every seat in the classroom
- Write an Anti-Twit Good Thoughts poem as a class before writing individual poems
- Assumes readers have read through Chapter 4 of The Twits
- Promotes positive self-esteem and the idea of building one another up
- Offers a selection of creative extension activities