This The Twits - Mr Twit Gets a Horrid Shock lesson plan also includes:
Mr. and Mrs. Twit do not treat each other very nicely. The sixth lesson in an 11-part unit designed to accompany The Twits by Roald Dahl explores the way the characters talk to and treat one another. Role play and writing activities challenge scholars to think about behaving in more positive ways.
- Review how to correctly format a letter and punctuate direct speech before beginning the lesson
- Challenge learners to change insults they commonly use into positive phrases
- Assumes readers have read up to chapter 13 in The Twits by Roald Dahl
- Activities incorporate a subtle character education lesson
- Includes a sample letter to help students complete the writing task