This The Twits - Dirty Beards lesson plan also includes:
The problem with beards is that they collect a lot of food. The first lesson in an 11-part unit related to The Twits by Roald Dahl explores the hairy jungle that is Mr. Twit's beard. A concluding project has learners create their own decaying foods to fill a re-creation of the beard.
- Review what an adjective and simile are before beginning the activity
- Print out pictures of decayed food for use during the starter and main activity
- Use a large sheet of brown chart paper to create Mr. Twit's beard
- Contains the appropriate excerpt from the book
- Contains a creative main activity and two fun extensions
- Highlights the use of figurative language within a text