Scientists know mass is energy, but what is energy? An engaging Space Time video delves into the topic as part of its The Origin of Matter and Time playlist. From quarks and gluons with no mass to the gravitational effect, the true nature of mass appears. The video discusses inertial mass, gravitational mass, and mass as a fundamental property.
- Review the curvature of space prior to watching the video
- Intended for advanced science students with prior knowledge of physics and quantum mechanics
- Avoid displaying the comment section when showing the video in the classroom
- Offers subtitles in English, Russian, and Swedish for ELLs
- Includes links for further reading on the topic