This The Threat to Earth video also includes:
Is Earth prepared for a massive solar storm? Examine the possibilities with an interesting activity, part of NOVA's Sun Lab interactive unit. Viewers learn about historical solar storms, the tools we have for protecting ourselves and predicting solar weather, and scientists' opinions about upcoming solar weather.
- Have pupils research and compare the technology available in 1859 compared to today for an eye-opening look at all of the changes
- Before the video begins, ask the class how many things they use that require electricity or satellite technology
- Make sure learners are familiar with how Earth's magnetic field works before viewing
- Resource is exciting and well-written
- Discussion questions are printable and a great way to determine if your scientists achieve their learning goals