What if we described an animal like we describe a football team competing in the big game? A cool video attempts to do just that as part of a larger biology playlist. It discusses an owl with superb adaptations and anatomy to survive in a fun, sporty way to engage scholars at every level.
- Assign groups to select an animal and present their findings in a way similar to the video
- Invite an ornithologist to speak to the class
- Video best fits in late January or early February as part of the buildup to the big game
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Offers closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Entertaining video maintains viewers' attention
- Works well in a traditional or a flipped classroom