This The Stolen Smell lesson plan also includes:
Some smells are better than others! Explore your sense of smell with a series of activities based on the Peruvian folktale, The Stolen Smell. With exercises about phonics, counting, cooking, art, and drama, the lesson is a well-rounded way to bring learners into the sensory world of baking.
- Split the activities up over several weeks, or use in a unit about the five senses
- Create centers featuring each activity, and have kids rotate through each center
- Offers extension activities based on Treasured Times with Five- to Ten-Year-Olds by Jan Brennan
- Each activity clearly lists materials needed and provides all necessary worksheets
- Includes versions of the lesson for first, second, and third grade as well as kindergarten