This The South, the North and the Great Migration: Blues and Literature lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here is a complex lesson plan that interweaves the history of the Jim Crow South and the Great Migration with the study of poetry, art, and blues music from the Harlem Renaissance. The plan helps young historians develop a deep understanding of this time and the experience of African-Americans that lived through it.
- Create a cross-curricular unit by coordinating with social studies, language arts, graphic arts, and music instructors
- Relies heavily on class discussions
- A protocol should be in place for the safe, respectful discussion of sensitives issues
- The resource provides links to all required materials
- Includes three authentic assessment tasks