This The Scientific Revolution: Crash Course History of Science #12 video also includes:
The Scientific Revolution forever changed our concept of astronomy! Science scholars explore the major mindshift in Europe that signaled the beginning of a new area during the 12th installment of a 15-part series discussing the History of Science. Content includes Copernicus and heliocentricity and the scientific ideas that led up to his new way of thinking.
- The video is a welcome addition to an astronomy lesson or study of Copernicus
- Compare heliocentric models with an interactive resource
- Be sure to point out the different time periods discussed in the video to ensure pupils don't mix them up
- The resource uncovers how one single revolution was more accurately a series of smaller skirmishes throughout the world
- Fun, detailed solar system illustrations brighten up a very serious topic