Don't run from an informative resource. Individuals view a video in the ACS Reactions series that discusses the science of distance running. It explains how energy, oxygen, and water are necessary for running and describes the mechanics of aerobic respiration.
- Team up with a physical education teacher for the lesson
- Some basic chemistry knowledge is beneficial
- Note that the video briefly mentions marijuana when describing the runner's high
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Comprehensive explanations
- Young athletes may find the video useful