This The Salt Merchant and His Donkey audio also includes:
Is choosing an easy path always the best decision? Aesop's fable "The Salt Merchant and His Donkey" challenges individuals to consider the question as they read about a donkey that makes choices to lessen his load. The writing activity that accompanies the resource asks writers to create their own endings to the fable.
- As a pre-reading activity, hold a discussion about choices and their consequences
- While reading, encourage pupils to make text-to-self and text-to-text connections
- Be sure to have headphones available if readers use the 1:18-second audio recording
- Passage's Flesch-Kincaid readability score of a 9.6 is rigorous and provides a challenge for learners
- Online format is easy to access and navigate for blended learning settings and individual work
- Activity does not come with rubric