This The Rooster and the Pearl audio also includes:
How do individuals determine value? Middle school students read Aesop's fable "The Rooster and the Pearl" and complete a narrative writing activity to learn that precious things are for those that can prize them.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Before reading the fable, have pupils write three items they would want on a sticky note and display the note on a board before making a prediction about what brings value to an object
- Compare Aesop's moral to the class's prediction at the end of the fable and discuss
- Readers may need assistance with the word prize and how it's used in the moral of the story
- Displays the 4.7-Flesch-Kincaid readability score on the resource
- Downloadable PDFs are available as an alternative for classrooms that do not have Internet access