The pH scale is actually based on logarithms rather than just simple numbers. The fact-filled video begins with an explanation of the auto-ionization of water. Then it describes the relationship between H+ and OH- in every solution. It uses the z-diagram to solve acid-base problems before introducing the more complex calculations solved through scientific notation and logarithms.
- Create additional practice problems using a z-diagram to solve
- Review scientific notation before showing the video
- Requires prior knowledge of chemical equations and ions
- Includes two different methods for solving ph calculations
- Video is not engaging and has trouble holding the viewers' attention