This The New Astronomy: Crash Course History of Science #13 video also includes:
Sword duels, religious unrest, war—who says science is boring? Aspiring astronomers discover fascinating facts about the famous scientists that dared challenge the accepted model of the solar system in the 13th video of a 16-part History of Science series. Topics include Tycho Brahe and his nose, Kepler's laws, and Galileo's observations of the moon.
- Open a lesson about astronomy or the scientific method with the video
- Have the class create a concept map that shows how the model of our solar system changed after the discoveries of the time period
- Make sure pupils know a little about the Protestant Reformation before watching the video
- The resource is very surprising and engaging
- Diagrams allow viewers to better envision the changes to astronomical models