This The Micro and Macro World Around Us activity & project also includes:
Don't let your eyes play tricks on you ... use scale to keep your eyes in check! Young scholars observe images without scale and try to identify the structure. Then, they look at the same image with a scale bar and assess whether their predictions are reasonable.
- Have pupils create a drawing of a large object and include a scale bar
- Use to introduce metric conversions
- Expects previous experience with scale models
- Includes interesting enlargements of images of microscopic materials for a structure comparison
- Provides references for further exploration