Add a touch of Dr. Seuss whimsy to your Earth Day celebration with six pages consisting of Earth-friendly, inspiring, and engaging activities designed to enhance the beauty of your school campus and showcase the famous story, The Lorax.
181 Views 146 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Begin the day with a read-aloud of Dr. Seuss's The Lorax
- Create a Lorax-themed bulletin board featuring the quote in focus, "UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not."
- Copy the class-made list for each pupil to take home and complete any ideas they can with their family members
- Earth Day takes place on April 22, 2017
- Materials vary depending on which activities you chose to implement
- The resource's duration reflects the completion of some activities over the course of one day
- The resource is the first in a series of four Dr. Seuss themed activities
- Provides a list of additional books written by Dr. Seuss to share with the class
- Encourages learners to take responsibility and have pride for their school environment
- Offers and assortment of clear and easy-to-follow activity ideas