Young mathematicians use their geometry skills to save the Land of Venn in an engaging math game. A fun way to reinforce children's understanding of basic geometric figures and shapes.
The Land of Venn is in trouble and it's up to your students to protect the magic juice that sustains life in this imaginary realm. Taking children through three separate stages, each containing a series of 10 levels, children progressively build their geometry vocabulary as they are introduced to terms like points, lines, open shapes, and all varieties of polygons.
- Objective: to prevent invaders from stealing the magic juice
- Enemies enter from the edges of the screen and move toward the magic juice pools in the middle of each level
- Children click and drag between invaders to create geometric figures and shapes in order to eliminate them
- Invaders get more and more difficult, requiring increasingly complicated shapes to defeat
- Magic spells can be used to replenish magic juice and defend against the enemy
- A pause button allows users to start and stop the game at any time
- Gold coins are earned, which can be used to purchase magic spells
- One, two, or three stars are also earned for each level depending on how well the magic juice was defended
- Levels can be replayed in order to earn more coins or stars
How techie do I need to be?
- Add some variety to an elementary geometry unit by offering this app as a math learning center
- Provide this game as an option for early finishers of math lessons
- Create a vocabulary worksheet for students to complete as they play this game
- Only three user accounts are allowed on a single device and they can be easily deleted by any user, so you will have to develop a way to manage this resource if your are sharing tablets in your classroom
- Includes a glossary with clear definitions of geometry vocabulary
- Does not include any ads or links to third-party websites or social media outlets
- Vocabulary terms are spoken out loud by the game's narrator each time students draw a figure or shape
- Colorful graphics and sound effects help to capture children's attention
- Narrator speaks with an accent that can be a little difficult to understand at times