This The Human Body app also includes:
Examine the systems of the human body with a bold, charming, and kid-friendly application. This noteworthy tool is certain to get kids interested what goes on inside of them! The eye feature uses the tablet camera to view images and show the flipped image on the retina. The ear feature uses the tablet microphone to capture noises made and show the sound waves moving through the ear canal. Many more interactives are just waiting to be explored!
- A menu on the left side of screen allows user to select body systems; those displayed are highlighted in the menu
- Human body systems are included and can be laid over each other
- The urogenital system can be added as an in-app purchase
- Body systems are all animated and interactive
- When investigating an individual system, select from the menu or use the Plus (+) icon in the upper right to more closely inspect an organ
- Pinch to zoom in or out
- Once class members create their own profiles, they can record messages to you by holding a finger down on any point in any screen
- Teacher can reply to questions through his/her own dashboard
- Settings (Gear icon at the top of the menu):
- Background color can be selected
- Sound can be turned on or off
- Message buttons can be shown or hidden
- Body system labels can be turned on or off
- Different users can be selected by profile
- Language selections
- Teacher profile is passcode protected
- A fully detailed handbook containing teaching tips and more can be downloaded from developer's website at no cost
It takes awhile to get comfortable using all of the features, but a downloadable teacher's guide is available to help
How techie do I need to be?
Use this first as a teaching tool by hooking it up to your projector and walking the class through each human body system. Later, place tablets at a learning station as a review because the kids will certainly want to play with the app.
There is absolutely no printed or verbal instruction, so learners who need direction may be be uncomfortable with this app.
Unless all you want to accomplish with this application is giving your class a general idea of how things work, you will want to read the downloadable handbook. It provides an informative overview of each body system included and instructs on how to interact with the app. It also lists relevant discussion questions for each system.
- Highly interactive
- Eye-popping images and splendid sound effects
- Easily navigated
- Graphics, rather than realistic images, are more kid friendly
- Supports Next Generation Science Standards
- No audible or written informational text about the organs
- Can only be used in portrait orientation