This The Hidden Worlds within Natural History Museums instructional video also includes:
Behind the closed doors of natural history museums lies a hidden world of scientific research and discovery that goes unseen for visitors. Follow along as this short video explores different scientific mysteries that have been solved thanks to the work carried out in these valuable institutions.
- Contact your local natural history museum to arrange a behind-the-scenes look at their facility
- After watching this video, have students choose a well-known natural history museum and investigate the research currently taking place there
- Assign this video and assessment as homework in your flipped classroom
- Animated graphics engage viewers and visually support the information being presented
- Resource allows teachers to design their own customized lessons based on the video
- A short assessment including five multiple choice and three free-response questions is included