This The Great Snake Debate video also includes:
Snakes are just lizards without legs, right? Scholars study the sensational evolutionary history of the snake with a video from a well-written biology playlist. Topics include snake fossils, theories on snake evolution, and characteristics that separate snakes from lizards.
- Include the video in an evolution unit or animal characteristics lesson
- Have the class conduct further research and create arguments for either possible snake ancestral tree
- Give younger students some context for the video's discussion of molecular genetics with an informative video
- Great scripting shows the connection between each hypothesis and the lizard species from which snakes may have evolved
- Animated maps help to illustrate where scientists found snake fossils and what the continents looked like in that time period