This The Ghostly Origins of the Big Cats video also includes:
A lack of fossil records forces scientists to piece together the evolution of the big cats. The PBS Eons video lesson describes the processes scientists use to infer evolutionary details and predict possible species. Scholars get an introduction to the complex processes that make these conclusions possible.
- Show while studying genetic mutations
- Have pupils write down four takeaways as they watch the video to use during a discussion
- Expects a strong understanding of animal genetic adaptations
- Use diagrams and graphics to help explain the concepts
- Appropriate for many different grade levels