What does equal protection under the law mean? This right is given to Americans thanks to the Fourteenth Amendment, although historical events and Supreme Court cases have led to its refinement over the years. A video resource traces the evolution of the Fourteenth Amendment, from the signing of the Constitution through its present day interpretations.
- Offer the video as research on the development of various amendments
- Create discussion questions for scholars to consider how the Fourteenth Amendment protects them
- Does not require background information on the Constitution and its amendments
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video breaks down complicated legal concepts surrounding equal protection in an accessible way
- Images of original documents, cartoons and photographs expose scholars to interesting primary sources