This The Electromagnetic Spectrum instructional video also includes:
What can the electromagnetic spectrum tell us about the sun? As it turns out, quite a bit! See the sun in a whole new light with a video from NOVA's Sun Lab unit. The narrator describes the electromagnetic spectrum in terms of visible and invisible light and relates the information to the technology researchers use to study the sun.
- Add the video to a lesson about the electromagnetic spectrum
- Make the video a starting point for a study of new technology scientists use to study the sun
- Use the teaching tips to support a brief discussion of photons after the video ends
- Activity includes the history of electromagnetic research and how our uses of the spectrum have evolved
- Video contains spectacular views of the sun at different wavelengths