How do entrepreneurship and crony capitalism intersect with federal regulation and the Food and Drug Administration in Dallas Buyers Club? This is a fascinating video that covers a wealth of economic concepts while referencing the recent motion picture. This would be an excellent addition to your curriculum toolbox.
- This video has the potential to prompt several good discussions and/or research topics: How does international trade foster humanitarian efforts and social welfare? What are some modern examples of crony capitalism? How extensive is the influence of special interest groups on the FDA?
- Note that the Dallas Buyers Club film is rated R; this resource includes clips from the film that are fairly safe for mature learners, but please review prior to showing to ensure it is appropriate for your class
- Wide range of economic topics included
- Entertaining, insightful video clip
- Explanations are clear and thorough