This The Dynamic Sun video also includes:
Sunspots, solar flares, coronal mass ejections ... why is the sun so stirred up? Scholars watch animations of the interaction between moving plasma and magnetic fields and discuss the sun's behavior. The activity, part of NOVA's sun unit, contains printables and teaching tips.
- Launch a solar storms lesson with the activity
- Introduce pupils to the solar weather forecast by showing them the official website
- Consider stopping the video at key places and having the class answer the discussion questions as they come up
- Helpful animations illustrate how the sun's magnetic field influences the solar cycle
- The discussion questions help show the link between magnetic fluctuations and solar activity