This The Dust Bunnies That Built Our Planet video also includes:
What are space dust bunnies and why are they important to us? Pupils explore space dust bunnies and how these particles helped form the planets. To understand the phenomenon, class members investigate the chemistry behind dust particles and why they stick together, specifically learning about Van der Waals interactions and its importance in particle behavior. To finish, scholars check their understanding with a quick assessment.
- Use as a hook to guide scholars to choose research questions
- Introduce a unit on space and planets with the phenomenon
- Requires some background scientific knowledge for understanding
- Interesting and engaging topic
- Provides additional teacher resources