A research position becomes a modeling job. The introductory lesson plan in a series of nine presents the challenge of analyzing a set of bivariate data. The class brainstorms what the data may represent. Pupils must decide what is needed to model the data so they can better analyze it.
- Have the class research mathematical modeling using linear equations
- Create groups for the brainstorming portions and have them record their ideas to share with the entire class
- The class members should be familiar with graphing points
- The resource promotes the use of journaling
- The teacher is encouraged to guide the discussion toward the topics of the upcoming lessons