Send your space scientists out with a bang! An out-of-this-world video teaches young astronomers about the origin of the universe. The narrator describes the birth of The Big Bang Theory and the physicists and star gazers that contributed to it. Other topics include the universe's age, expansion properties, and lack of a center.
- Use the video to launch an extension around the brilliant scientists responsible for the birth of the Big Bang
- Have pupils write down what they already know about the Big Bang Theory prior to watching, then tackle those misconceptions
- Expects a general knowledge of distance, space, and time
- Tackles tough subject matter by breaking it down into simpler terms
- The video uses an animated ruler to help put the problem of expanding space into a smaller, more manageable scenario