Sometimes a test page loaded with text can make a student's face go blank. Help them decipher what a text question is asking with a series of tips focused on reading comprehension, vocabulary, and language arts mechanics.
94 Views 75 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the extension activities as lesson assessments or group activities
- Incorporate the test-taking strategies throughout the year, emphasizing them before standardized testing
- Include in a literacy center or when working individually with English learners
- Strategies are helpful but do not include specific examples
- Uses Super Strategies for Succeeding on the Standardized Tests: Reading/Language Arts Sara Davis Powell
- Applicable to any subject, particularly the tips about reading instructions