This Temperature in Degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius assessment also includes:
Scholars develop the conversion formulas between Fahrenheit and Celsius with a task that presents the class with two known temperature equivalents between the two scales. Pupils use those two points to develop the linear conversion formula and its inverse, allowing for conversions either direction.
- Lead a discussion on defining variables within a function
- The class should know how to find the equation of a line given two points
- Allow for an argument that linear functions with different slopes must intersect as an answer to part c
- Includes the conceptual and algebraic methods for finding the inverse function
- The answer key explains the needed steps to find the initial function