It's important for teachers to have a strong support system—especially in the first few years of their career. Help teachers' partners, spouses, and friends understand the most compassionate ways to provide emotional support with a helpful, explanatory brochure.
- Hand out to student teachers during an orientation to a teaching program
- Have the link available on your district's beginning teaching program website
- Distribute to your teaching staff during the first faculty meeting of the year
- Does not have classroom applications, but the brochure is a helpful resource nonetheless
- Contains a lot of color and may not print legibly in black and white
- Provides insight to the stress new (and experienced) teachers go through
- Includes helpful hints for teachers' partners and support systems to help them at particular times of the year