This Teach This Poem: "When Giving Is All We Have" by Alberto Ríos lesson plan also includes:
What makes giving meaningful? Class members discuss this question, then listen to Alberto Rios reading his poem, "When Giving Is All We Have." Finally, the class considers what the poet says about the question.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use during Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 through October 15 or during April's National Poetry Month
- Use the poem to launch a building community lesson
- For older pupils, combine the study of the poem with Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Essay on Gifts"
- Requires audio equipment to hear Alberto Rios read his poem
- The poem shifts the focus from a must-do chore to an interpersonal activity