This Te Ata Fisher: The Award-Winning Chickasaw Storyteller activity also includes:
Storytelling is a time-honored way to keep a culture alive. Introduce middle schoolers to Te Ata Fisher, the famous Chickasaw storyteller who shared her stories, songs, and dances across the United States and Europe. Young historians scavenger hunt through news articles and videos to find information about this remarkable woman.
- Use during November's Native American Heritage Month
- The video of Te Ata Fisher's tale of "Baby Rattlesnake" is no longer available
- Class members need access to devices with WiFi to do their research
- Projection equipment is also required for the video
- Includes links to resources that provide more background about Te Ata