This TASC Transition Curriculum: Workshop 6 lesson plan also includes:
Is a college education necessary for success in today's world? The class investigates the question, along with others at the end of the sixth workshop in a 15-part series. The lesson has four parts with multiple activities and challenges. Participants examine point-of-view, construct a thesis statement, and produce an argumentative paper on a topic of interest.
- Examine a sample paper together as a class to calibrate before grading
- For non-fiction pieces to use in Part 2, check out the NYTimes's Room for Debate
- Individualize instruction for struggling learners
- Resource includes links to more materials to extend lesson
- Each activity is carefully scaffolded and uses a variety of evidence-based strategies
- Does not include the presentation handouts listed in the resource