This TASC Transition Curriculum: Workshop 12 lesson plan also includes:
How can opinions slant facts? Workshop participants learn how to examine primary and secondary sources and identify the author's point of view. They also examine how visual art impacts the meaning and rhetoric of sources. Full of supports such as graphic organizers, carefully constructed questions, and collaborative learning, the material is differentiated for learning style.
- After reading the selection from the lesson have readers draw their own political cartoons
- A Vindication of the Rights of Women is a difficult text; therefore, have supports planned for struggling readers
- Consider having participants make a connection to the printed text and find their own political cartoons or video clips
- 12th workshop in a series of 15
- Material is rigorous
- Homework for the lesson seems extensive