Writing a general rule to model a specific pattern is a high-level skill. Your classes practice the important skill as they write rules describing the solutions to a system of equations with variable coefficients. As an added challenge, the coefficients include quadratic variables.
- Incorporate as a challenge exercise during a lesson on nonlinear systems of equations
- Have pupils compare and contrast their solutions and solution methods with a partner
- Expects a strong understanding of solving systems of equations
- Includes an answer key with detailed explanations
- Encourages an explanation of methods