This Swinging Pendulum activity & project also includes:
Get into the swing of things. Pupils use a pendulum to demonstrate the conversion of potential energy to kinetic energy and back. After measuring the speed of a pendulum and compare it to the calculated theoretical speed, they determine the percent error for the measured speed and justify the differences.
- Use the equations to determine the potential and kinetic energy of other objects
- Calculate the period for various string lengths
- Requires a way to connect the pendulums to the ceiling
- The activity contains assessment questions to ask the pupils before, during, and after the activity
- The answer key provides possible answers
- The exponents in the equations in the activity do not display correctly