During World War I, women served in the factories and on the home front to keep nations churning. The ninth lesson of a 32-part WWI series examines the role women played in the Great War and provides topics for discussion on women's rights and responsibilities in the years following the planet's first global war.
- Extend lesson by investigating American women and their roles in WWI here
- Have the class research the role of women in combat, or lack thereof, and then hold a class debate
- Video is under 10 minutes in length
- Resource provides primary source photos of WWI
- Audio and visual learners benefit from the structure of the video clip