This Sustainable Seafood instructional video also includes:
Memory, brain health, and seafood often go hand in hand, but is eating fish good for the planet? The third video in a four-part series on Health Oceans explains which fish consumers need to avoid and which are safe to consume without concern. Discussions about wild versus farmed, location on the food chain, and pollutants provide a well rounded overview of the topic. Young scientists are encouraged to adopt healthy eating and sustainability practices for a great global lesson.
- Have groups search for apps, like those mentioned, to help make informed seafood choices
- Visit a local store or seafood restaurant and investigate their practices
- Relies on prior knowledge of fishing, seafood, and ocean habitats
- Provides closed captioning in four languages to support English learners
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes