This Studying for Careers lesson plan also includes:
A instructional activity bridges the connection between studying and careers. Scholars complete a vocabulary worksheet in preparation for a discussion on study habits and career skills. Learners fill out another worksheet to identify which study habits best connects to certain career skills. Using their newfound knowledge, pupils make a list of new study habits they plan to work on to better their career readiness.
- Make an anchor chart that lists study habits
- Use the last discussion as an Exit Ticket to conclude the learning experience
- Gather a collection of books about a variety of careers for class members to browse when time permits
- The lesson requires copies of several worksheets
- Promotes social-emotional competency—self-management
- Spotlights the importance of strong study habits, a habit that benefits participants now and in the future