The truth about strange unexplained cosmic rays? They're still unexplained! Share one of our universe's many unsolved mysteries with your class using a video from the Physics Girl playlist. The resource describes what cosmic rays are, how they compare with other particles, and where physicists think they may come from.
- Have pupils watch the video for a homework assignment and prepare an argument as to where they think cosmic rays come from
- Are your students familiar with the large hadron collider shown in the video? Give them a virtual tour!
- Draw some common particles on the board for reference, so learners can see how unique cosmic rays really are
- The resource is refreshingly honest in its discussion of an unknown quantity in the scientific community
- Clever examples help viewers understand what scientists know about cosmic rays