This Story Explorers: Evaluate News Coverage activity also includes:
What makes an issue or event newsworthy? Scholars complete a K-W-H-L chart based on a recent news event. As they complete the chart, small groups collaborate to analyze coverage of the story or event.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Invite volunteers to share their reflections about the most important thing they learned from the activity
- In advance, prepare a list of issues and events from recent news stories
- Requires Internet research or access to various media resources
- Includes essential questions and word wall terms
- Provides helpful educator instructions