This STEMonstrations: Water Filtration video also includes:
What do astronauts do when they run out of water? They recycle their used water of course! An astronaut on the space station explains how the water they use gets filtered to create fresh drinking water in an installment of the STEM on Station series. The accompanying activity has learners build their own filtration systems similar to the space system.
- Have groups continue to research the topic of filtration using the provided links
- Take a field trip to a water treatment plant to see how a large scale system works
- Activity requires specific materials prepared in advance
- Includes a detailed handout for students to follow
- Provides necessary background knowledge for both teachers and pupils