This STEMonstrations: Surface Tension video also includes:
Ever wonder how water bugs walk on water? A lesson in the STEMonstration provides a brief video presentation describing the concept of surface tension from the molecular level. Pupils then complete a hands-on activity measuring the surface tension of various liquids.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework and use class time for discussion and to complete the activity
- Create a guided notes document for learners to follow as they watch the lesson
- Expects pupils to understand the concept of molecules
- Uses diagrams to demonstrate the microscopic properties of molecules
- Includes an activity to follow the video lesson