This Stem and Leaf Diagrams assessment also includes:
Order the data within a stem-and-leaf display. Pupils take data and create and ordered stem-and-leaf diagrams, including the key. Participants take their data and determine answers about the information. Class members then find measures of center or variability.
- Make a comparison with stem-and-leaf diagrams and other data displays, including advantages of each type of display
- The class should be familiar with finding measures of center and variability from a data set
- Stem-and-leaf plots are not specifically mentioned in CCSS
- Stresses that a key must accompany the diagram
- The presenter uses different colors to help organize the data