This Sports Bag assessment also includes:
Lay it out using the least amount of material. Learners use the dimensions of a cylindrical sports bag to find out the size of pieces of material needed to sew them. The pupils find the best placement of the pieces to use the least amount of running length of a bolt of material.
- Determine the difference in the amount of material if the ends were square with the same side length as the diameter
- Individuals should know how to calculate the circumference of a circle
- Requires conversions of metric linear measurements
- Includes a rubric to use to score papers
- Provides sample responses with comments