This Spinners at the School Carnival (Equal Sections) lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Spin to win a toy car. A fun activity has pupils use a spinner in which three of the equal sections represent winning a toy car, and the fourth section represents no car. They record the number of wins after certain numbers of spins, then use the data to predict the number of toy cars needed if 200 players each take a spin.
- Bring in spinners if time is a factor
- A basic understanding of probability is necessary
- Learners must know how to create frequency tables and bar graphs
- Includes an activity sheet to record results
- Describes possible activity extensions